Monday 30 April 2012

ICHF Show at Aintree Racecourse

A couple of weeks ago I won some tickets to the ICHF show at Aintree Racecourse.  The show was on Saturday so we travelled to Aintree.  I haven't been there before for a show so was quite excited.  On entering we were given complimentary tickets for the September show at The Event City opposite the Trafford Centre so was quite pleased.  As a knitter I was a little disappointed as there weren't many cross stitch or knitting stands it was mostly papercrafting and it was a little on the small side but I did find a couple of things that I really liked.  I did originally go to buy some Knit Pro needles size 4mm as I already have some 3mm and I really love them they are so light and the stitches don't fall off although they still slide along when knitting but unfortunately no-one was selling them but I did find some lovely ribbon by a company called meiflower it was satin but they also do organza at really good prices so bought about 10 reels of baby pinks and blues, lemons lilacs and white.  I had also been talking about buying a crystal nail file as the ones I have had in the past were a bit rubbish and tended to split my nails and hey presto there was a nail file stand with lovely crystal nail files, with lovely crystals on them and they also sold special hard cases for the files so treated myself.  There was a lovely handmade chocolate stand there too - say no more although I did manage to say no - just.  On the whole it was nice to get out and see the show but I am glad I hadn't paid as I would have been disappointed as a knitter.  I am wondering if all the knitting companies had decided to go to Wonderwool in Wales this weekend.  I am thinking of going next year although it is quite a distance but I would love to go - a goal me thinks. I'm still busy making the bunny all in one but should have it finished by the end of this week and once it has been sent to the customer I will post a piccie on here to show you.

See you soon.

Caroline.

No comments:

Post a Comment