Sunday 7 April 2013

Getting Ready For My Next Market

Well what an eventful few weeks its been.  First of all I have been on holiday from my part-time job for the last two weeks.  I had a long list of jobs to do starting with the garden which went a bit       off track when it snowed so I looked to the jobs indoors instead.  Can't say I really got much done but hey ho I have enjoyed my rest.

On the car front my poor car is terminal I think.  She's been off the road for a couple of years due to lack of funds but after having a tax rebate, yes I repeat a TAX REBATE as I had overpaid too much tax 3 years ago, I decided to try and put her back on the road.  Well she was towed into the garage last week and they had a look.  My hubby received the phone call just as I was about to go out on Friday evening to say she was not looking too well.  The conversation started like this - "Hello I'm phoning about your car, its er it needs quite a bit doing to it shall I go down the list?"  Never a good sign.  Anyway by the time he had stopped going down the list it was probably easier to say what didn't need doing.  So I now have to make a decision do I take it of the road permanently or do I pay "loads a money".  Still deliberating.........  Needless to say I had a few drinks on Friday night to try and obliterate the bill amount from my head and it did go away until I came around this morning.....

On a better note I am now getting back to my knitting as I have another market in two weeks.  Lots to do again.  A few more items have been done and a couple to finish off.  I'm a bit more organised this time as I know what I'm going into so not as much panic me thinks or is that hopes.  The market is on April 21st and I'm hoping that the weather is a little kinder than last month.

Talking of craft fairs I saw one advertised on Facebook which was local to me so I went along, mainly to support the local crafters and to have a look in case I wanted to do a fair next time.  It was a lovely well organised fair by Craft Fairs UK who have a Facebook page.  There were about 20 stalls or so with a good variety of really high standard crafts.  I did buy a little something and if it wasn't for the ah hm car situation I would have bought a little more (hand crafted chocolate bars with fudge slices in the chocolate, say no more).  Anyway after the craft fair it was time for shopping but it was a lovely way to start the day and the sun was shining so it  did perk me up a little.  Can't beat a bit of sunshine.

I was looking in my local free newspaper this week on page three I was surprised and excited to see a half page story on a local knitting group which I didn't even know existed.  They are doing a charity bid of a mile of knitted mice.  They are asking for people to make knitted mice and send to them so that they can be made into a mile which is going to be measured in October at Altrincham Football Club.  This is in aid of the Alzheimer's Society.  The mice are then going to be sold towards the charity.  You can also be sponsored for each mouse you knit too.  They also have a facebook page called 'Mile of Mice'.  Please if you have any spare wool and time go along and have a look.  There is the pattern on the page and where to send the mice too.  Apparently they have heard from as far away as down south and also a few from abroad offering to help.  I'm going to be doing a few myself inbetween business knitting as I'd like to do a bit for charity so watch this space for my mousy update.

Enough babbling I think for the moment and back to my knitting I think oh and still more decluttering to do!  Where does it all come from lol!

Caroline xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment