Friday 30 December 2011

Happy Christmas and New Year

Hello I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year. I had a quiet Christmas at home this year but have been very busy.

I decided a few weeks ago that I was going to take the plunge and set up a website finally and sell my hand crafted items online. I was going to do this before Christmas but have been so busy knitting and getting things ready like designing the website and taking photos etc. that it had to be put back so I have now decided to launch the website in APRIL 2012. If you have time please feel free to have a look I'm starting off small but will be adding items as and when they are finished. I am starting by selling hand knitted items for baby, children and adults and homewares like cushion covers etc. and I will also be sewing some material cushion covers and eventually I will be doing cross stitched items.

I will post here what its like to start a business so many people want to do it but never take the plunge and I decided that if I can help by writing about all the ups and downs then it may encourage others. At the moment I work part-time as an employee but as from APRIL 2012 I will have to register as self employed too. So once my website is live I will be informing the tax man that I have gone self-employed first and will let you know how I go on. Shaking with anticipation the words tax and man and forms fills me with dread but hey how hard can it be? otherwise there wouldn't be so many people out there trying it would there.

My website is going to be called Oodles of Stitches and can be found at www.oodlesofstitches.com. So I'm busy just finishing off my website before the big reveal (biting nails anxiously).

Early Happy New Year everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment