Friday 25 March 2011

Craft Fair at Brookside Garden Centre Stockport







Just over a week ago I saw that there was a craft fair on at Brookside Garden Centre in Stockport. As its not too far away I decided to go and have a look. I have been to this garden centre before and its great if you have children as there is a miniature railway that runs around the garden centre and its quite realistic with a bridge and a little set of crossings all really cute. I say its great for the children if you go but I did count more adults on the miniature train than children!! hmm reliving childhood. I was tempted myself but managed to contain myself although I may have a go next time lol!! There are a few piccies at the top of the train and a little signal box.

Anyway to the craft fair which is why I went in the first place. I have been thinking about selling my knitwear at maybe a craft fair which is why I went along as well as the fact that I love to see what crafters make. I don't have any pictures unfortunately but the crafts were varied and were absolutely lovely and also there were fudge and sweet tables. There was a lovely stall that sold wooden letters that you could use for bedroom doors and you could have any colour and combination made. There were a couple of knitting stalls one with baby clothes and one with knitted animals, there were jewellery stalls but believe it or not there were no card stalls. I was really surprised as I had originally gone there to buy a card and there are usually lots of card stalls. It was a lovely craft fair under a big marquee and looked well organised and there were plenty of people walking around so I hope the crafters made a few sales. All in all I was very impressed to may think about doing some in the future although it won't be quite yet as I'm now saving pennies as my dryer broke the other week and then the washing machine broke this week believe it or not and then had problems with my lights in the kitchen. Well they say it comes in threes so I hope thats my lot for a while lol!

I have also been busy knitting and have finished a lilac dress set with hat and stockings and have also been knitting some hats in the form of frog, pig, panda, puppy so will post piccies soon.

See you soon.


Craftchick.

2 comments:

  1. ooh, I didn't realise there was a fair on at Brookside Garden Centre or I would have popped in too. Whereabouts in Stockport do you live? I am a Cheadle Hulme girl myself (when I am not at uni in Sheffield that is) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it.  Garden Centres Near Stockport

    ReplyDelete